There has been so many highlights from 2013, from my style appearing in magazines, being interviewed for national press, invitations to events, photo shoots, collaborations and being sent pieces from Irish designers collections. Yes last year subsquently turned out to be truely amazing that it is so intimidating how 2014 could ever top it. I had planned to have a blog party but decided instead to have a quiet affair with a close friend to reminisce on the events of the year gone past.
After much stalking of this AW13 House of Holland maxi dress on ASOS (and much dislike and disapproval from work colleagues) I finally purchased it for the night in question. As some who has never smoked in my life, getting a cigarette burn in the jersey fabric would have been irony overload but luckily it survived our night in The Secret Garden Cork. The dress is part of Holland's 'Rave Nana' 2013 collection, featuring heavily printed and embellished knits and dresses. He has become one of my new favourite quirky designers and I already have an eye on some of his forthcoming SS14 collection.
I have been saying a lot of thank you's in my previous posts but once again I would like to thank all of you, my ducklings, for your ongoing following and support. Without you, I would have stopped blogging a few months back and missed out on all the opportunities that came about since. I would just like to end this post by sharing my blog highlights from 2013. Here's to many more in 2014!
1. First national press feature in Xpose Magazine, June 2013 showcasing summer fashion in the city, shot down Carey's Lane, Cork. Read about it here.
2. First collaboration with Irish designer Samantha Kennedy of 'Molly Loves Bowie'. I had alot of fun prancing around in her fairytale tulle and bow top combo. Not only did I gain a fashion label obsession but a new close fashion friend also. Read about it here.
3. Meeting Irish design legend; Orla Kiely. She was just so friendly and we discussed everything from fashion to my first name and how it reminded her of her print idol Vera Neumann. It was a surreal and sincere conversation, and one I'll never forget. Starstuck. Read about it here.
3. Collaboration with British acessory idol; Lulu Guinness. She saw I was a big fan and sent me this green eye bag. I've since appeared on her blog on numerous occasions. We're tight.
Read about it here.
5. Wearing Colin Horgan's dress to Cork Fashion Week 2013. This guy is going to be huge, and I feel honoured I was first to be sent and sunsquently wear one of his pieces. Move over JW Anderson. Read about it here.
How could anything top these highlights?
Until next time Ducklings,
Love Vera Xx